[csswg-drafts] [css-lists-3] Compute non-existent `list-style-type` <counter-style> to `decimal`? (#4210)

fantasai has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

In https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2016May/0076.html @upsuper wrote:
> Recently, there is a behavior change in Gecko which makes list-style-type be computed to 'decimal' when the specified counter style doesn't exist, rather than keeping the specified nonexistent one. This change helps us save a string for common cases, and simplify some
code. None of which is a big deal, though.

@tabatkins replied
> I'm fine with this if others are; I don't see any particular reason to keep the non-existent type in computed style.  Whichever way is more convenient for implementations is ok with me.

Any other opinions, or should we update the spec to match Gecko?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4210 using your GitHub account