[csswg-drafts] [css-selectors] Sequence of Simple Selectors beginning selector incorrect? (#4196)

From: Karl Horky via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 15:54:11 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
karlhorky has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-selectors] Sequence of Simple Selectors beginning selector incorrect? ==
In the [Selectors Level 3 spec](https://www.w3.org/TR/selectors-3/#selector-syntax), it mentions (emphasis mine):

> A sequence of simple selectors is a chain of simple selectors that are not separated by a combinator. It always **begins with a type selector or a universal selector**.

Is this correct? I've been writing sequences beginning with pseudo-classes (such as `:nth-child(1):hover`) for a long time - is that an implementation defect of browsers?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4196 using your GitHub account