Re: [csswg-drafts] [media-queries][css-sizing] Support <number> (and therefore calc) as a <ratio> (#3757)

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 22:21:43 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yes, if we allow arbitrary decimal numbers (0.0000000001) than we need to allow 0 for consistency with the rest of CSS.  There's some wording about handling zero in the width/height media queries that might be relevant here.

For serialization, I think backwards compatibility is worth maintaining. So is keeping numeric precision: we shouldn't turn and exact `2/3` into an imprecise decimal. So, either keep the value as specified (fraction or number) or always insert the redundant `/1` if the specified value was a single number.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3757#issuecomment-520617029 using your GitHub account