Re: [csswg-drafts] [web-animations-1] Additive transform animations easily invoke undesirable matrix interpolation (#2204)

From: Robert Flack via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2019 14:22:04 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
You're absolutely right that this doesn't actually solve the general problem due to multiplication of percentages and other context-sensitive values. It might still simplify a lot of common cases though, i.e. multiple subsequent translations / scales could be internally coalesced into a single one as the shape is no longer important.

I also would find this composition behavior closer to what I would expect as a developer, not having the underlying value affect the new interpolation.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by flackr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2204#issuecomment-519119423 using your GitHub account