Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-easing-2] Complex easing/timing functions (#229)

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 12:50:17 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> But should browsers be expected to implement on-the-fly pruning themselves?

If we adopt a system where you can directly use SVG path notation, then yes, I would expect some sort of reasonable error handling like that.  So that comment was more of an aside, going back to the discussion of the alternative.

But if we adopt something like the cubic spline syntax, the main question is can a tool like Greensock implement an algorithm to convert (with a reasonable degree of fidelity) their fixed-up path into the standard notation.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/229#issuecomment-487939289 using your GitHub account