Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-easing-2] Complex easing/timing functions (#229)

From: VisibleCode via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 02:59:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
My take-away from the couple years I spent on this is:

1. There's too much variation in the way different software represents animation curves to allow for a "master" representation that can seamlessly roundtrip with all of them
2. Some popular ways of specifying animation curves only allow approximate implementations to begin with
3. Where round-tripping the original representation isn't a concern, any animation curve can be converted to cubic splines with good fidelity (sometimes with added control points)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by visiblecode
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/229#issuecomment-487808144 using your GitHub account