Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-font-loading-3] Unclear how to parse font families (#3776)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 21:54:57 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Okay, so it sounds like we've agreed that FontFace should basically assume the argument is the *contents* of a CSS string?  Should we do any CSS parsing (to handle CSS escapes in the string) or just take it literally? (In other places where we do something like this, we just take the JS string literally and do no parsing; if you then ask for the value via a CSS API, it might come with some CSS escapes as a result.)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3776#issuecomment-487213390 using your GitHub account