Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-shadow-parts] PanResp (Panel Responsive) support: sizing expression mapping (#3874)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 20:29:21 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Does the browser currently do early or late reduction of a sizing unit to actual pixels?

A custom property using an `em` value would have exactly the possibly-confusing behavior I outline: if it's a registered property, it turns into px based on the parent's 'font-size' value before inheriting; if not, it stays as an `em` value and becomes px based on the child's 'font-size' instead.

Spreading this behavior to *every* length unit isn't great.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3874#issuecomment-487191317 using your GitHub account