[csswg-drafts] [resize-observer] add possibility to observe offset changes (#3877)

From: Holger Jeromin via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 12:19:29 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
HolgerJeromin has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [resize-observer] add possibility to observe offset changes ==
In the entries of the ResizeObserver we have the contentRect and/or borderBoxSize.

For our application we need to call code when the offset and size of a Element has changed.
But sadly the ResizeObserver is not called when the position has changed.
For us it would be nice if I could add an option to observe the offset, too.

Observing the attributes with MutationObserver and checking a diff in all boundingRects has the downside of forced reflow in many cases.

ref #3550 where delivering offsets was rejected, as they are not observed.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3877 using your GitHub account