Re: [csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries-5] Detect physical keyboard (keyboard capable of shortcuts?) (#3871)

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 11:50:19 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
For this use case I think all we're interested in is whether or not the user is likely able to use a keyboard for shortcut keys. There may be some keyboard layouts that don't support certain shortcut keys (e.g. keyboards without a function key row) but handling that seems like a separate problem (as does tailoring the shortcut key descriptions to match platform conventions).

Even if the shortcut key is just <kbd>a</kbd> you're not likely to use it as a shortcut key on a virtual keyboard, but you are on a physical keyboard.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3871#issuecomment-486640057 using your GitHub account