Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-shapes] Remove padding-box, content-box values from <shape-box>. (#3872)

From: Ian Kilpatrick via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 21:20:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I'm not sure what you mean by this. padding-box is well-defined, and is not the same as the scrollable overflow, sure. So the result you get is well-defined, if a little weird.

Sure - well-defined - that results in bad, strange behaviour ;) .

> What do you mean by this? That switching to margin-box would cause a large behavior change for them?

Some of the sites have:
```css
width: 50px;
height: 50px;
border-radius: 25px;
shape-outside: border-box;
```

To create a circle shape area.
Removing the `border-box` value would mean that they'd lose that behaviour. However if they notice the broken behaviour they could replace their CSS with:
```css
width: 50px;
height: 50px;
border-radius: 25px;
shape-outside: margin-box;
```

And it would work fine.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bfgeek
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3872#issuecomment-486431310 using your GitHub account