Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text][css-sizing] When to/not to include preserved trailing spaces (#3440)

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 07:07:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I've made a pull request to apply this change: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/3868

However, while I think force-hanging the end-of-line pre-wrap preserved spaces, I unsure about not doing so for end-of-line pre-wrap preserved spaces that come before a forced break:
* I don't undertand what the use case is for that distinction
* it would change where lines wrap compared to today, including causing some previously non wrapping elements to start wrapping. (example: https://jsbin.com/leqanut/edit?html,css,output)

Are we sure that we don't want simply force-hang for all end-of-line pre-wrap preserved spaces, regardless of being followed by a soft wrap vs forced break?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3440#issuecomment-485670861 using your GitHub account