Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] Spec declares that these terms are defined, but doesn't link to their definition: "Content edge, padding edge, border edge, margin edge, and viewport" (#3866)

From: Daniel Holbert via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 16:36:26 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
At least for the 4 "edge" types, I think the real definitions are at
https://www.w3.org/TR/CSS22/box.html#box-dimensions

Moreover, I think the mention of "padding edge" that I quoted above ("return the width of the padding edge") really wants to say "padding **box**", which is a term that is defined in the same section of CSS22.

(The current "width of the padding edge" text is nonsensical -- the term "padding edge" is defined in CSS22 as a boundary, which is not a thing that has a width. "padding box" is the space enclosed by that boundary, and that is the thing that has a width which this spec text intends to refer to.)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dholbert
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3866#issuecomment-485469348 using your GitHub account