Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-timing-2] Complex timing functions (#229)

From: Alex Van Camp via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 16:24:20 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Howdy,

A potential approach mentioned earlier in this thread was using SVG paths to describe complex ease curves. A blocker to this approach was that tooling would have to be created to export this kind of path data from programs such as After Effects.

I had this exact same problem a few years ago, and made an After Effects script which does just that: https://github.com/SupportClass/ae-ease-to-gsap-customease

It's not perfect, but it shows that this route has some validity. Although this script has not been updated in some time, I still use it frequently and can verify that it still works.

Hopefully this is useful, and apologies if this route of exploration was already closed. I tried to follow the thread the best I could before posting, but definitely feel like I missed some nuance.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Lange
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/229#issuecomment-484948324 using your GitHub account