Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scoping] Handling global name-defining constructs in shadow trees (#1995)

From: Ryosuke Niwa via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 08:27:02 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
>  This means that reading and writing the value back into .style is *not* a no-op; it will change the used font *if and only if* there's a name collision in font families.

I don't get this. Could you write up a concrete example in which this is problematic?

As far as I know, `element.style` would only return the inline style declaration of `element`. It won't contain any inherited value. Any `font-family` in an inline style declaration which appears within a shadow tree refers to the scope of the shadow tree. So I don't get what you're talking about here.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by rniwa
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1995#issuecomment-484405294 using your GitHub account