Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid-1] Include padding in scrollable overflow area (#3665)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 05:26:56 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
OK, fixed this in css-overflow-3 as follows:

> Padding on the end-edge sides of the scrollable overflow rectangle representing the end-side padding applied to the scroll container, added such that its content can be scrolled to a position that would satisfy the requirements of place-content: end alignment. Including this padding is optional for block containers in any axis whose corresponding content-distribution property (align-content/justify-content) is normal.

This is working off the precise definitions of where and how that padding is added introduced by css-align-3, which is afaict the correct definition that behaves the way we want it to behave in all the fun and weird edge cases.

Also for reference, see https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/129 where a lot of authors are describing their frustration with this problem--the more places we fix it, the happier they'll be. :)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3665#issuecomment-484360912 using your GitHub account