Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-lists] Interaction of ::marker with other pseudo-elements. (#3826)

From: Mats Palmgren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 20:43:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Right,  I'm not really suggesting any particular syntax, but we might want to add a selector to address nested pseudos like that in the future so I think it's premature to forbid `::marker`s on pseudos now just because we _currently_ can't style them.

(But yes,  `::before::marker/::marker::marker/::before::marker::marker` etc seems reasonable. We might also want some selector syntax to address markers on any level, for convenience. The second syntax clearly needs to have some built-in limitations to avoid creating infinite levels of markers though, say by ignoring `display:list-item` in such rules.)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MatsPalmgren
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3826#issuecomment-483056711 using your GitHub account