Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors] :link and <link> (#3817)

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 23:52:12 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@fantasai, I never said that selector matching should depend on whether the element renders or not. It's about whether the element (if it is rendered) actually _acts_ like a link from a user perspective: can you click it, or tab to it and press enter, and trigger navigation.

Whether or not a `<link>` has this behavior seems to be the underlying discrepancy between browsers, and the styling differences fall out from that.  I wouldn't want to ask browsers to harmonize their styling unless they first harmonize the behavior. And that's something for the HTML spec to clarify.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3817#issuecomment-482376024 using your GitHub account