Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-multicol] How do elements between column-span and its multicol ancestor appear around the span (#1072)

From: Mats Palmgren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 18:08:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
No, but floats also [paint in a separately layer](https://www.w3.org/TR/CSS22/zindex.html#painting-order) from in-flow content (step 5).

I think it would be more accurate if the spec introduced a concept of abstract "rows" to describe this.  The spec can then say that `column-span:all` introduces a forced "row break" before and after it. Normal fragmentation rules then describes the rest I think. So you get something like this:
```
<columnset>
  <row><column-span:all/></row>
</columnset>
```

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MatsPalmgren
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1072#issuecomment-481801328 using your GitHub account