Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom] should custom properties be exposed on computed style declarations? (#1316)

From: Emilio Cobos Álvarez via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 11:26:22 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> @emilio Then specify that the order is not defined. ;P

Maybe :)

> Otherwise, I think sorting the properties when setting up the iterator should be fine ... is performance that critical for iteration?

Well, you need to sort them every time the indexed getter gets called, potentially, since the computed style declaration is a live object. If you have a gazillion custom properties then it's bad.

Of course you can cache that somewhere or what not, but I personally would find it slightly annoying just for this purpose.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by emilio
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1316#issuecomment-481651249 using your GitHub account