Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-lists-3] counter-set vs counter-increment (#3810)

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2019 01:36:38 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Does `counter-set` have any implementations? That could create compat issues.

If there's no compatibility objections, I agree that it is preferable if `counter-set` overrides any increments.  If I specify `counter-set: chapter 5`, that's probably what I want.

The downside is that `counter-reset: chapter 5` would work differently; an increment declared on the same element would add to the initial value.  But that's less likely to be a problem once `counter-set` is supported; `counter-reset` can be used as intended, on the parent element that defines the counter scope.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3810#issuecomment-480463646 using your GitHub account