Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom] should custom properties be exposed on computed style declarations? (#1316)

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2019 08:21:51 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
FWIW in Edge we used to assign an ID to each custom property in the order in which we discovered them, so except if someone put special care about this (I doubt) there is no guarantee the order of any iteration of them would be stable across changes to your css. However, if you take this approach, sorting them later on can be reasonably cheap, you just need a list of all the properties that you maintain in sorted order relative to the property name, and their respective ID. Then when you want to iterate the custom properties, you iterate in the order of the sorted list.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1316#issuecomment-480190634 using your GitHub account