Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] Add a way for authors to indicate that they want dark-mode form controls etc (#3299)

From: PhistucK via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 09:22:00 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@tomayac - I would think it allows a page to opt into, not out of the user agent applied transformation. I mean, by default, the web did not intend dark mode controls. So this should remain the default for backward compatibility. If the user indicates it supports dark mode, then it opts into this transformation.

Anyway, @aaaxx - since a media query for dark mode is also planned, you could use it at the `<link` level -
```
<link rel="stylesheet" media="prefers-color-scheme: dark" href="...">
```
(Note - this is pseudo-code, I do not remember if this is the exact syntax)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by phistuck
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3299#issuecomment-479410376 using your GitHub account