Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-env-1] Meaning of “syntactically valid” in env() has led to differing nonsense behaviour in browsers: it needs clarifying (#3792)

From: Chris Morgan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 23:59:48 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Alas, I was afraid that my interpretation of the spec would be wrong. Then yes, the current status is that `env()` behaves in a way that is *obviously* foolish and counterintuitive to a human. ☹ I guess I shall have to hold out hope for #3285.

> FWIW you only need `@supports (margin-bottom: max(0px, 1px))` or such, though, right?

If you assume that all environments that support `max()` also support `env()`, sure. If not, no.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by chris-morgan
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3792#issuecomment-479262391 using your GitHub account