Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-3] word-wrap/overflow-wrap: break-word should affect min-content

From: Daniel Tonon via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 06:29:14 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I don't think `overflow-wrap: anywhere` is the right term. It makes it sound more like the `word-wrap: break-all` logic.

I think `overflow-wrap: break-min` is a closer representation of what the point of the keyword is. `break-min` more explicitly tells the user that they are breaking the rules around `min-content` for that element.

Is the goal with this new syntax to only set `min-content` to zero regardless of what content is inside it? or are we trying to make a single keyword do 2 things, set `min-content` to zero and also apply `word-break` functionality?

I think it would be best to go with some sort of syntax that only does the one thing of setting the width of `min-content` to zero and have a separate bit of CSS control how the text wraps.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Dan503
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2682#issuecomment-421708583 using your GitHub account