Re: [csswg-drafts] Review HTML fieldset/legend spec

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 18:05:12 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Basically I'm saying we choose one of the following:
  - We decide to make it specific to FIELDSET/LEGEND elements. In that case, use `appearance: auto | none` for control, as described above.
  - We decide to make it a re-usable feature invoked by CSS declarations. In that case, clean it up and design it as if we were intending to create that feature independently, just make sure it also fits the Web-compat requirements of FIELDSET/LEGEND so it can be used to describe them.

I don't want us to:
- Decide we don't want it to be a reusable feature, but define it in a way that makes it so, but not in a way that'd be nice if we were intending it to be reusable.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3094#issuecomment-420743654 using your GitHub account