Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] How to serialize the strings in grid-template-areas?

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 18:14:25 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Right, specified values generally keep the exact value entered (maybe modulo some whitespace folding, but that shouldn't apply inside a string like this). I'm mostly just interested in computed value here.

(That said, it looks like Chrome simplifies the specified value too: [updated testcase](http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/saved/6335). I think we should consider that a bug on Chrome.)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3261#issuecomment-434021063 using your GitHub account