Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-inline] Draft line-box-contain proposal

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2018 09:14:30 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'm writing this only with half-baked understanding, so there might be some incorrect parts, please read with that understanding.

After I heard a proposal from @fantasai about `leading-over/-under`, I'm thinking the relationship between it and `line-box-contain`. As far as I understand, the current scope of `leading-over/-under` is only for the first and the last line box, but if we apply that to all line boxes, it can also solve the baseline jitter problem, as far as `line-height` is set to a fixed value, am I correct?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3199#issuecomment-428120216 using your GitHub account