Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-logical] Flow-relative syntax for `margin`-like shorthands (#1282)

From: Elad Shechter via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 16:10:35 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think let's make life easier!
First Idea(use some of the idea of  @fantasai  and @chharvey ):
add a new property that will declare the type of properties and will have inherit as default.
add now all the page will be according to the html definition.

flow-mode: **physical** /*default value*/  or **logical**;

```
html{
     flow-mode:physical;
    /*or*/
   flow-mode:logical;
}

.box{
  /*will be according to the HTML flow-mode value*/
   margin:10px 5px 6px 3px;
  padding:5px 10px 2px 7px;
}
```

Second Idea:
If I understand if correctly writing-mode is kind of replacing direction.
We can assume if we use writing-mode we want to use all properties as logic properties.

```
html{
   writing-mode: value;  /*automatically logic properties will work*/
}
```

--
GitHub Notification of comment by elad2412
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1282#issuecomment-443253091 using your GitHub account