Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors] Let :is() have better error-recovery behavior than normal Selectors (#3264)

From: ExE Boss via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 08:13:21 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> As a minor variation, preserving the same benefits, we could say that error recovery only applies if at least one of the selectors is valid.
>
>Then `:not(:nonsense, :gibberish)` is invalid.

That should probably only apply to `:not(…)`, as `:commonly-supported, :is(:rarely-supported)` can be used to avoid invalidating the entire selector list if the `:rarely-supported` pseudo‑class isn’t supported by the current browser but `:is(…)` and `:commonly-supported` are supported by the current browser.

Also, it might be a good idea to still parse `:not(:nonsense, :gibberish)` as valid, but matching nothing.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by ExE-Boss
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3264#issuecomment-441176170 using your GitHub account