Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors] Let :matches() have better error-recovery behavior than normal Selectors (#3264)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 19:32:02 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
emilio pointed out that we need to be careful about how we handle `:not()` here. It's not obvious it would work as intended if we just ignore unknown arguments, and also a single argument to `:not()` likely has Web-compat implications since it's already implemented.

A related question is `:nth-child()`; simply ignoring one of its arguments could throw off the count. There likely wouldn't be a Web-compat problem with it, though.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3264#issuecomment-440784175 using your GitHub account