Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] cursive shaping breaks and typographic characters

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 01:07:44 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yes, it looks like Edge is positioning the diacritic incorrectly here. It's a tough problem, it's difficult to decide if a format change allows or prevents composing across glyph boundaries. Color-only changes could work, but it seems like one more additional check that has to be done accross every inline boundary. We are not opposed to fixing this issue though, let's keep investigating what it would take to fix in our respective engines.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/699#issuecomment-439246499 using your GitHub account