Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] cursive shaping breaks and typographic characters

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 10:48:46 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
BTW, the right one is slightly shifted:
![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/1274377/48547907-04da5980-e90f-11e8-9d35-437ecf0b26a9.png)
Same in Firefox, on Win10, if the font is Times New Roman. Wonder, Times New Roman has different positions for pre-composed and GPOS?

I think I tend to agree with @behdad and @litherum here. @r12a's concern is understandable, and agree all impls should try to support it, but unsure if this can really be standardized given many variables and dependency to the used fonts.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/699#issuecomment-438998473 using your GitHub account