Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors-4] reconsider specificity rule for :matches()

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 01:00:46 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
OK, I'm closing out this issue. @Loirooriol I didn't remove the specific examples in favor of "any element" because I think they help point out the unintuitive result that while `em, #foo` matching `<em>` has a specificity of 1 tag selector, `:is(em, #foo)` matching `<em>` has the specificity of 1 ID selector. Also, rewriting the whole section should have its own issue. :)

I am wondering now if we should have been choosing the *least* specific argument instead of the most specific one, though...

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1027#issuecomment-438876382 using your GitHub account