Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scrollbars-1] accessibility review [css-a11y]

From: jonjohnjohnson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 22:22:38 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org

> Having the scrollbar completely suppressed may be confusing for all (sighted) users, unless an alternative/equivalent visual hint that scrolling is possible / that there is more content is provided.

Just wanted to say that with scroll-snap implementations landing, especially on mobile, I've been experimenting with making "paging" interactions, horizontal and vertical, cleaner by using very hacky hidden scrollbars. These UIs aren't exactly fit for scrollbars, even if they use the browsers native scrolling. Having `scrollbar-width: none` will be so much cleaner a solution. Check this demo on safari (especially iOS) http://output.jsbin.com/gedurer/11

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jonjohnjohnson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3315#issuecomment-438461077 using your GitHub account