Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transforms-2] Is it necessary to serialize all 3 parameters of translate given the 3rd component is 0px

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 01:05:53 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I guess I'm wondering if we can make Blink _not_ interpret `translate: 10px 10px 0` as a 3D transform? (While leaving `transform: translateZ(0)` as doing so.) I believe the individual transform properties are not shipping yet and are not implemented in WebKit?

Animating from `translate: 10px 10px -10px` to `translate: 10px 10px 10px` shouldn't trigger layer destruction/re-creation since so long as the element is animated, it effectively has `will-change: translate` applied and hence should keep its layer throughout.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3305#issuecomment-437542684 using your GitHub account