Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-shadow-parts] fully specify the parser for the forwarding micro-syntax

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 18:46:53 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yeah, what you call "valid" is just "what should a validator check to see if it should complain about this?".  It doesn't necessarily have any connection to what's *actually accepted*; there's often a lot of constraints there that make the set of accepted things much wider than the set of valid things.

In this case, I think it's perfectly reasonable and good to have whitespace in your part mapping; I would be annoyed if a validator complained at me for it. So it should be included in the definition of validity.

(Reviewing the spec now.)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2412#issuecomment-437456965 using your GitHub account