Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-shadow-parts] fully specify the parser for the forwarding micro-syntax

From: fergald via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 14:17:13 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@annevk
> Yeah, but then you should incorporate that in the definition of what's valid and allow ASCII whitespace there.

Makes total sense to me but e.g. look at [Lists of floating-point numbers
](https://html.spec.whatwg.org/#lists-of-floating-point-numbers) where the "valid" definition eplicitly rules out whitespace and the parser copes with it. I assumed that the "valid" one was actually specifying the canonical/serialized verison rather than the only valid format (since other examples in the spec are similarly divergent). I'm happy to go either way, any advice appreciated.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by fergald
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2412#issuecomment-437372207 using your GitHub account