Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-3] line-break property is not CJK-specific

From: Myles C. Maxfield via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2018 22:21:37 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> That text is in a note, and refers only to the requirements listed above. In those requirements, when the language is unspecified, only CJK codepoints are indeed affected.

That's fair. My proposal is for editorial, not for normative text.

When reading the note, I was confused for two reasons:

1. It says non-CJK text doesn't make a distinction among the levels of strictness, except for the C and J cases, which is 2/3 of CJK.
2. It's unclear whether or not "the requirements listed above" includes "The precise set of rules in effect for each of loose, normal, and strict is up to the UA." That sentence is, after all, above the note.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by litherum
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1252#issuecomment-435206972 using your GitHub account