[csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] Confusing sentence about the color-0 descriptor

From: jfkthame via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 20:07:12 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
jfkthame has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-fonts-4] Confusing sentence about the color-0 descriptor ==
See https://www.w3.org/TR/css-fonts-4/#palette-integer-desc

I don't understand the sentence (referring to 'color-<integer>' descriptors):

> These descriptors are zero-indexed, so the initial palette in the font is represented by the color-0 descriptor.

In what sense does the 'color-0' descriptor "represent the initial palette in the font"? Surely it simply refers to the color at index 0 in the palette being specified. Or am I totally missing something?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2678 using your GitHub account