Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors4] Name the “functional pseudo-class like :matches() with 0 specificity”

From: Tyler via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 17:33:37 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
It sounds like a joke, but frankly `:something()` as named by fantasai has an unexpected elegance to it; "something" is about as broad/vague as you can be... considering this is something that sets specificity to 0 (essentially canceling all specificity), I would say a broad term personifies what you're trying to do here considering the name of the subject matter at hand (*specificity*).

Understandably this isn't intuitive, so it most likely won' be kept, but I felt obligated to remark on the simple elegance of the temporary name.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Tyler-H
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2143#issuecomment-376970803 using your GitHub account