Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] More precise box transformations

From: Oriol Brufau via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 23:45:27 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Much better, thanks! But I'm still not convinced that boxes have display types. Boxes may have characteristics like level or formatting context, but probably only elements and tree-abiding pseudo-elements (i.e., things to which `display` applies) should have display types. So I would prefer to define box blockifications and inlinifications in terms of element blockifications and inlinifications (which are not currently defined). Do you think it's worth?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1643#issuecomment-374423595 using your GitHub account