Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-overflow] Consider support for multiple-line ellipsis

From: Brad Kemper via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 16:45:24 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> block-overflow property, taking the same syntax as text-overflow.

Bikeshedding/kibitzing about the property name:

`block-overflow` sounds like a possible logical version of `overflow-y`, and would be confusing if we had `overflow-block` for that. And it doesn’t really bring an association of `text-overflow` to my mind. I think `text-line-overflow` would work better in both regards.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bradkemper
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/390#issuecomment-372043870 using your GitHub account