[csswg-drafts] ::slotted() shoud full support complex selector!!

From: Kent Wood via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 11:29:44 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
minzojian has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== ::slotted() shoud full support complex selector!! ==
i wrote a [demo](https://codepen.io/minzojian/pen/MVgxgj) here

for good to SEO,we need support a clear dom structure in html, eg. there is a navbar component,and i add some links inside,and planning to inject them into a navbar component. (even it is not for good to SEO, as a common reuseable component, elements should be inject outside freely)

```
  <my-navbar>
    <ul>
      <li>link1</li>
      <li>link2</li>
      <li>link3</li>
      </ul>
  </my-navbar>

```
however when i try to add some style for the < li > tag inside my navbar, it just not work
i found a [explanation](https://github.com/w3c/webcomponents/issues/331) that slotted is just use simple selector
i wonder why the ::slotted selector can't support the complex selector (or child selector)?
::slotted() shoud full support complex  selector
it just lame if not support

just copied from https://github.com/w3c/webcomponents/issues/745

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2425 using your GitHub account