Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Integrate shadow trees

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 19:09:38 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> (I also wonder how does setup works when you need to map back from a box to an element in the tree for the various layout APIs?)

I don't see anything troublesome about this. Flat-tree construction doesn't *introduce* anything that wasn't already present in the DOM, it just rearranges and excludes some bits.

---

@Loirooriol That's pretty right, yeah.  The timing of the placement of the tree-abiding pseudos isn't super well-defined, but the difference isn't really important or exposed.  And yeah, fragments form a fragment tree.

Going from the element tree => box tree => fragment tree is defined in <https://drafts.csswg.org/css-display/#intro>. It's the prior steps that are distributed across Selectors and Scoping in a way that requires you to know how they fit together a priori.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2365#issuecomment-370021908 using your GitHub account