Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] elementFromPoint, elementsFromPoint, and caretPositionFromPoint should not return an element inside a shadow tree

From: Hayato Ito via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 04:20:34 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@rakina ,

My guess is that Blink's HitTest never return an element which doesn't have LayoutBox.
If  the result of HitTest is a text node, we have to *adjust* to its parent element in LayoutTree.
If we honer that "We never return an element which doesn't have LayoutBox", we shouldn't return a slot, even if a text node is assigned to the slot, as a result of *adjustment* because slot's default style is "display: contents". We must return slot's parent in LayoutTree in that case.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by hayatoito
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/556#issuecomment-369815892 using your GitHub account