[csswg-drafts] [css-logical-1] flow-relative values should say what their computed values are

From: L. David Baron via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 05:01:30 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
dbaron has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-logical-1] flow-relative values should say what their computed values are ==
The [section on flow-relative values](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-logical-1/#directional-keywords) defines a bunch of new values for existing properties.  However, it doesn't say how these values influence the computed values of the properties, and I think it should say so explicitly (especially since the properties' existing "Computed Value:" lines may be wrong).

In other words, it needs to be clear whether `float: inline-start` results in a computed value of `inline-start` or a computed value of `left` (or `right`, depending on writing mode).  I tend to think the computed value should be `left`.

I got here from w3ctag/design-reviews#286.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2821 using your GitHub account