[csswg-drafts] [web-animations-1] Clarify what it means to "schedule a task" for pending play and pause tasks

From: Antoine Quint via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 08:40:39 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
graouts has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [web-animations-1] Clarify what it means to "schedule a task" for pending play and pause tasks ==
There are two procedures in the spec where we say that a task should be scheduled:

1. in [4.4.10. Playing an animation](https://drafts.csswg.org/web-animations/#playing-an-animation-section): "Schedule a task to run as soon as animation is ready."

2. in [4.4.11. Pausing an animation ](https://drafts.csswg.org/web-animations/#pausing-an-animation-section): "Schedule a task to be executed at the first possible moment after the user agent has performed any processing necessary to suspend the playback of animation’s target effect, if any."

I think we could be clearer about when these tasks ought to be performed, possibly as part of the [update animations and send events](https://drafts.csswg.org/web-animations/#update-animations-and-send-events) procedure.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2805 using your GitHub account