Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values] Ability to address actual physical size

From: jonjohnjohnson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 20:26:31 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@nicksherman I'm guessing what's most "impossible" would be getting implementor interest. We still haven't found a way to land `position: device-fixed`, which has similar non-scaling/zooming issues with what I imagine absolute/physical sizing out in the wild. I mean, we even lost the ability to disable "pinch-to-zoom" in iOS safari over a year ago https://webkit.org/blog/7367/new-interaction-behaviors-in-ios-10/ and I sadly don't think they would entertain this in any form. Even if there is a real use case on the print side of things, when we can't even reel in the violation of screen implementations of viewport.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jonjohnjohnson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/614#issuecomment-399231792 using your GitHub account