Re: [csswg-drafts] [CSS2] empty url() behaviour needs errata to match Level 3

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 18:28:24 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Marking as Agenda+ to protest the resolution (I guess I wasn't able to make this call, seeing as I'm not in the minutes...).  The reasoning for the change is stated clearly in the Note immediately following the quoted paragraph, which has been part of the draft since June 2016.

So I'd like to keep this change. The only observable difference is in how it's reflected in the OM; no place where url() is currently used can validly take a stylesheet, so treating `url("")` as a normal relative url (and thus pointing to the stylesheet itself) always results in a broken image/etc.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2211#issuecomment-399200005 using your GitHub account